With Christmas less than a couple of weeks away and online retailing and marketing set to increase even more this year, does your business have a Christmas social media strategy?
Admittedly it may be a bit late to be strategic now, but there are things you can be doing on your Facebook Page to help get your business noticed and engage with your customers at this time of year.
Here are five top tips that it’s not too late to do.
- Change your profile picture. Make it something seasonal that reflects your brand – even something as simple as putting some tinsel round your logo or adding a sprig of holly. The subtle change will subliminally catch people’s eye and demonstrate that your account is active too.
- Post information about your opening hours in the run-up to Christmas. This should be on your website too, but make sure it’s on your Facebook profile and that you write an update telling people when you’ll be open. Don’t just make it factual, entice people in. Something along the lines of ‘Need to do your shopping after work? XX (your business) is open until 8pm Mondays to Saturdays until Christmas – we look forward to seeing you.’
- Talk about your excitement that Christmas is coming and ask customers what special things they’re doing to prepare. Keep it positive – no gripes about the amount of work! Things like announcing how fantastic your restaurant looks with the new Christmas decorations, a great place for a festive night out.
- Post updates with any details of special offers in the run-up to Christmas and afterwards. If you’ve got a sale on or planned, make sure people know about it!
- Post some fun stuff that isn’t about your brand but will make people smile. Ask customers what their favourite Christmas traditions are, what their best Christmas memories are, what they’ve asked Santa for, etc. etc. Ask your friends and family what they’d be interested in talking about for ideas.
So there you have it. Some easy ideas that you can use to engage with your customers and spread a bit of Christmas cheer.